Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Oil Flush and Petrol Cleaner

5 posters

Go down

Oil Flush and Petrol Cleaner Empty Oil Flush and Petrol Cleaner

Post by Huw (Barry The Renault) Mon 26 Aug 2019 - 15:58

I had the above as part of a service this week. NOT the kind of thing that I ever bother with, but was feeling generous.
So I thought I should find out what they are supposed to do.

There are some useful comments  in the below:
http://blog.greenflag.com/2015/are-engine-flush-and-fuel-additives-worth-the-money/

I think the following sounds like good advice:

“If you really want to keep your car working as efficiently as possible, I would suggest you’ll be just as well keeping on top of your oil and filter changes. The cleaner your filters are, the cleaner the inside of the engine will be. It’s simple: the more dirt you let in, the more dirt you’ll have to clean out. If you look after your engine with regular servicing, you really shouldn’t need to do any remedial work.”

Huw (Barry The Renault)
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Oil Flush and Petrol Cleaner Empty Re: Oil Flush and Petrol Cleaner

Post by knebby Mon 26 Aug 2019 - 22:50

My rule has always been decent petrol and servicing on the dot, and the Winds have repaid me well.
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Oil Flush and Petrol Cleaner Empty Creaking / knocking noises

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Thu 29 Aug 2019 - 21:52

Hi there. I've only had my Wind for 4 days now, and have noticed quite loud creaking and knocking noises coming from..it seems...under the vehicle or from the rear. Most puzzling is that this only seems to occur with the roof closed. I test drove 3 Winds before choosing mine, and they all did it. Is it an isdue common to Winds in general?...or should I get it checked over?...any views gratefully received.
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Fri 30 Aug 2019 - 8:29

You say just with the lid on and you're not sure if it is underneath or to the back. There is a slight chance it is your roof. Difficult to know for sure but worth a try. The catches above the windscreen spray some silicone grease.in. I had this as my first ever issue and the forum saved me spending ponds investigating it with the main dealer. If it doesn't work report back and I will search for other possible faults.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Fri 30 Aug 2019 - 9:21

My wind is completely knock free except when I reverse up my narrow sloping & uneven contoured drive when I get a small knocking sound from behind my right ear as I lean my head out of the window to ensure I miss the flower bed's ornamental wall.

I've stripped out boot linings that side to look for something loose & put the rear up on ramps to check everything under there.

I've also checked the tightness of the under body & boot struts.

All to no avail.

I've run out of ideas!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Fri 30 Aug 2019 - 9:58

I can remember somone finding out the roof was slightly out of line but to be honest not sure ifor I remember who. Will go answer search
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Fri 30 Aug 2019 - 19:04

'Old'SeaDog wrote:Hi there. I've only had my Wind for 4 days now, and have noticed quite loud creaking and knocking noises coming from..it seems...under the vehicle or from the rear. Most puzzling is that this only seems to occur with the roof closed. I test drove 3 Winds before choosing mine, and they all did it. Is it an isdue common to Winds in general?...or should I get it checked over?...any views gratefully received.
Either mine doesn’t do it or I’ve got used to it over the years! Maybe a broken spring and it’s only noticeable with the roof closed? 
I did have a metallic knocking noise from under the drivers seat for a while. Turns out that a duff AA battery that I’d pushed behind the seat with all the other rubbish had worked it’s way under the carpet through the hole where the seat wiring comes through and was rolling from side to side as I was driving along. It took me a while to suss that one out!
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Fri 30 Aug 2019 - 21:39

Thanks for the suggestions guys...I will certainly check the roof seals and fittings Barbs.....and look out for wayward batteries Knebby !!😂. Its weird the way that all is silent with the roof open though, and it sounds like bodywork flexing, which I suppose it may well be. I'll post the outcome of my further investigations .
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down