Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Unusual warning buzzer.

Go down

Unusual warning buzzer. Empty Unusual warning buzzer.

Post by Jackalope1981 on Sat 25 May 2019 - 12:01

Hi, new member this is just my second post so quite cheeky asking for help already but had no luck with the manual, online search or ringing a Renault garage.

Yesterday I had a warning buzzer sound when I opened the driver door to get out. It was very different from the headlight warning. It was a continuous high pitched and very loud volume buzzer that I'd not experienced before. I closed the door while still seated in the car, it stopped. Opening the door it sounded again. It almost seemed like it was from directly behind the drivers seat instead of the dashboard. There were no warning lights, the car was in neutral. I turned the ignition on to see if there were any warning messages. There were none and when I switched the ignition off, removed the key and opened the door again, the buzzer did not sound. I have been unable to replicate it, and various experiments with leaving the roof latch unlocked, roof partially up, windows down, boot open, passenger door open, bonnet unlatched, lights on, car in gear have not caused it to happen again. The car is driving fine with no issues and I had just returned from the petrol station and had a full tank of petrol. Anyone had experience hearing this sound? As there appears to be nothing causing it to happen again I am not that worried but I don't want to ignore something that could turn into a major issue. Thank you.

Jackalope1981
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Unusual warning buzzer. Empty Re: Unusual warning buzzer.

Post by Jackalope1981 on Mon 10 Jun 2019 - 11:02

Oh well, no warning buzzer yet but last week the emissions warning light flashed briefly while waiting at a junction and then just on my way to work today, the light came on as I accelerated on the slipway to join the motorway and then stayed on along with the little spanner light and "check emissions." When I got to work I switched the engine off and then waited a bit and when I restarted it came back on so looks like a trip to the garage is needed. Love how this always happens AFTER I've just put a full tank in.

Jackalope1981
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs on Mon 10 Jun 2019 - 11:18

Are you going round any really tight bends just wondering if there is some sensor that might be thinking you have overfilled the tank.

Admin

http://renaultw.in/d/?page_id=4981

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackalope1981 on Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 11:04

Well after I booked the car in yesterday, when I started up to head home from work, the light and warning did not come up. Certainly a possible explanation, as the sliproad was on a bend, and I had just been on three roundabouts one after the other. Was certainly getting noticeable body roll from the turns (which shows how tight they are, the Wind doesn't roll much.)

Last edited by Jackalope1981 on Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 11:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Jackalope1981
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackalope1981 on Tue 18 Jun 2019 - 15:54

Still no wanting light so think it's safe to say that's probably the cause, thanks!

Still going to keep my garage appointment, just to be safe and I want to check them out as I need a new local garage after my last one set my Alfa's engine on fire with their terrible job of replacing the sparkplugs!

Jackalope1981
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down