Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Being social

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Being social - Page 2 Empty Re: Being social

Post by pittstop Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 12:30

Return Thoughts re the Wind?

Basically: We have  for many years done a fair bit of long distance European holiday mileage &; being objective & putting aside subjective thoughts re it's origins or possible mods; the Wind has proved to be an enjoyable & reliable combination of practicality & eccentricity which carries us & plenty of luggage on trips across Europe.

Compared with past owned "sports cars" such as MGTF, Merc SLK, Alfa Spider 3.0 V6; in which we used to tour; I would class the Wind as a Coupe/Roadster & used as a long distance, luggage carrying, convertible  with facilities such as decent air con it has the edge on them.

BUT: each to their own!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 16:06

@pittstop i know what you saying, not sure why you saying each to their own, but to their own each haha i haven't said at any point i don't like the car. Thats just your take on it, i wouldn't have bought the car if i hated everything about it would i? I simply stating why i believe the car didn't make it past a 2.5 year production period. (Which is pretty pathetic, but benefits everyone that currently owns one, so there's always a silver lining in my book) They could have avoided it very easily! By having a minimum standard. People obviously agree or Renault would have sold way more of them. All the other cars you mentioned on average sold over 100% more cars than Renault sold of these, they must have done something most people don't like, tbh they quite often do. But i do agree with you they are brilliant cars for what they are and are very deserving of respect and admiration. Just cuz i would like to change mine doesn't mean i am unhappy with it just means i think they have great potential and i can be turned into many people's dream car, as it was mine the moment i saw one on the road in 2010 Smile
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 16:08

@donjack hello thankyou for your welcome im looking forward to making some progress on build when my money starts piling up haha and to making new friends Smile
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2