Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Being social

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Being social Empty Being social

Post by Syb93Wind133 Tue 2 Apr 2019 - 17:03

Hello everybody, i'm 26 had my Wind133 for around 7 months is an 11 plate. Goes like stink ???? completelg standard at the moment. Got magnificent plans for Lucifer though ????
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Being social Empty Re: Being social

Post by Barbs Tue 2 Apr 2019 - 20:05

Well share your plans..
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr@gon Tue 2 Apr 2019 - 21:09

Hello and welcome Smile
Dr@gon
Dr@gon
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Tue 2 Apr 2019 - 22:57

Coilovers, wheels, disks, body modification, windows and lights tint, glass roof conversion, lambo doors, interior, wrap it in gold and candy red and then engine stuff theres not a whole lot that can be done to these cars to be honest very limited in their aftermarket stuff
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Wed 3 Apr 2019 - 7:57

That should be interesting to watch your programme of changes.

Welcome aboard!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Wed 3 Apr 2019 - 17:55

Syb93Wind133 wrote:Coilovers, wheels, disks, body modification, windows and lights tint, glass roof conversion, lambo doors, interior, wrap it in gold and candy red and then engine stuff theres not a whole lot that can be done to these cars to be honest very limited in their aftermarket stuff

Will be interesting to see. How long before we see changes?
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Wed 3 Apr 2019 - 19:04

Likely wont be for a while im still paying my car off for the next year can get some aesthetitical stuff done before then but not much think like disks wheels and tinting but engine and other physical mods will take considerably longer, lambo door hinge conversion alone will mean buying a custom set of hinges which will cost over £4000 by time they are installed haha
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Wed 3 Apr 2019 - 19:27

Syb93Wind133 wrote:Likely wont be for a while im still paying my car off for the next year can get some aesthetitical stuff done before then but not much think like disks wheels and tinting but engine and other physical mods will take considerably longer, lambo door hinge conversion alone will mean buying a custom set of hinges which will cost over £4000 by time they are installed haha
One of our members wanted Lambo doors but can't remember why the didn't happen will send a message.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Sat 6 Apr 2019 - 17:12

Because they have to be custom made theres no kit for them unless you know someone really experienced you wont get it done. Only universal kits available and no professional will work woth them
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr@gon Sat 6 Apr 2019 - 17:49

Dr@gon
Dr@gon
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Sat 6 Apr 2019 - 18:26

Thank you theg look like lsd hinges which the guy i spoke to said he will work with, but he did say that if he had to he would work with a universal kit for me as lambo doors are a must for parking when your a double amputee hahA
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Sat 6 Apr 2019 - 18:26

Are there any gathering for wind owners?
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 9:42

Syb93Wind133 wrote:Are there any gathering for wind owners?

There is an International meet arranged in Strasborg in June. We were booked to go but a Cruise came up at the price so had to drop out.

Where abouts are you?
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 9:49

Wales. Whats the point going to straborg? Wouldn't it be easier to just have seperate gatherings for uk and all the over countries, i dont even have a passport lol
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 11:44

Syb93Wind133 wrote:Wales. Whats the point going to straborg? Wouldn't it be easier to just have seperate gatherings for uk and all the over countries, i dont even have a passport lol

I saw Wales but what part. We have had a few meets in the UK. Including hosting the International meet 2 years ago. I will open a thread in the meets section and see what we can arrange.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 12:05

Pembrokeshire, pembroke dock
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 12:08

Anybody know if there are any body kits for the wind? Or any other car bumper that would fot for instance the renault twingo 2rs? There a cheap stick on kit somewhere in germany but would rather change the bumpers all together maybe get new ones made up custom
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 0:42

Hello again, i just noticed a post that thinks the wind is essentially a renault clio sport? The winds engine comes out of the twingo 2rs. And the engines are not the same , i contacted Renault about after market short shifters and when they looked on their systems both the engine and gearbox were completely different from any of the clio's
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 6:33

Syb93Wind133 wrote:Pembrokeshire, pembroke dock

Nice part of Wales had a holiday near there years ago.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 11:29

Re Wind origins.

Available info indicates that Renault's Slovenian factory built: the Clio 2 from 1998 to 2015; the Twingo 2 from 2007 to 2014; and the Wind from 2010 to 2013. The Clio 2 "platform" was used on the Twingo 2 and eventually the Wind which was developed from the Twingo 2. Most mechanical stuff was carried over from Twingo 2 to the Wind but not all of this originated from the Clio 2. 

Here is an extract (complete with dubious gallic translation/punctuation into English!) from a Renault PR launch document for the Wind which confirms that the Clio2 "platform" was used for the Wind.

The expertise of Renault Sport Technologies (R.S.T) in the realm of motoring enjoyment needs no introduction,and Renault Wind has benefited extensively from the expertise of R.S.T’s engineers. The new coupé-roadster is built on the same platform as Clio 2 R.S., and its chassis is perfectly suited tothepoweroutputsofthetwoenginesthatareavailableforthecar,theTCe100andthe1.616V133hp. OneofthechiefaccomplishmentsofR.S.T’sengineersisthefactthattheyhaveachievedthebestweight to body-rigidity ratio for a coupé-roadster, allowing Renault Wind owners to profit from an outstanding ride plus very low fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.

Barbs: Should this post remain on this thread or be moved to a new thread re Wind Origins? I'll let you decide.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 11:47

Well its a really strange, Renault themselves couldn't match any part numbers to the clio 2rs seems strange they would lie losing money on parts i would buy, I would have ended up spending thousands with them if clio 2rs parts would fit that engine and when looking for parts on ebay the twingo 2 rs parts match but the clio parts do not, the whole chasis comes from twingo 2rs as only the coil overs from twingo 2rs fit the vehicle from the answers i have found out myself after hundreds of hours of research (i have 24/7 to look into these things, cuz i dont have to work to survive, not rubbing it in i would much prefer to have my own legs believe you me haha) i have found no evidence whatsoever to suggest the engine comes from a clio 2rs i dont believe the clio engine even came in this bhp? They are all higher bhp engines? Has anyone actually physically got evidence of this fact by successfully installing clio parts to body and engine as i would very much like to clear the issue up. If people believe based on theory that they are basically clios they could be wasting money on parts that wont fit, which this forum would be equally responsible for causing. Or i will be the who may end up buying incorrect parts and will need to inform all of these companies that say twingo parts fit, that they actually do not. Please anyone whom has actually replaced wind parts with clio 2rs parts please step up kind regards to all ????
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 11:54

I mean everywhere on google that i have seen says the chassis and engine come from the twingo except that renault sport info you just shared the only ones except for this forum to claim its basically a clio
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 12:17

Btw this is still technically social interaction and is my original post thats why i've not started a new category so that i know where to find information relevant to questions i myself have asked kind regards ????
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 12:30

As I see it: The critical factor is that whilst the Clio 2 "platform" (ie: floorpan & underpinnings) is used as the base for Twingo 2 & Wind less mechanical stuff was carried over from the Clio 2 hence your finding little mechanical interchange possible between Clio 2 & Wind.

The high level of mechanical sharing is between the Twingo 2 & the Wind whilst they both sit on the same Clio 2 "platform". 

At the end of the day the Wind can be viewed as a Twingo 2 in a posh new suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The use of the same platform on 3 models allowed them to all be build in the Slovenian factory at the same time.

A bit like the Vauhhall Calibra I had which was a coupe based on the Vectra saloon..
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 12:54

Right i understand, what your saying is that the Twingo and Clio share a lot of the same stuff, so as a result its assumed that there are some parts from Clio's that are identical to Twingo's parts? but mostly the parts for wind vehicles come from Twingo?? I imagine this makes the wind cheaper to provide parts for being the Twingo is a cheaper vehicle with far less advanced parts like the axles disk brakes and rims shocks and im sure theres more lol any chance you reckon an axle conversion would be possible from the Clio's to the Wind's lol hate the brakes on winds two stupidly different sized disk brakes for front and back and the callipers for the wind are a joke. The ones on the back look smaller than the callipers i've had standard on mopeds ???? kind regards
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 13:03

Brakes may look rather weedy on the Wind; particularly the rears; but they gave much higher readings on the MoT test rollers than those on my previous car: an MGTF160 which was much faster (0 to 60 in 6.9 secs & top speed close to 140 mph) than the Wind.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 16:11

Yeah easy to say when compared to a car made a good decade before though haha technology has improved dramatically in the last ten years for cars and also i've had 125mph out of my wind and only stopped there because was on the motorway and don't much fancy losing my licence, was still offering me power dunno where from though crazy! Haha lol those comparisons don't give the design choices for the wind any justice at all in my opinion when they could easily have put same size and ventilated disks on both front and rear, just cuz theres no need for it don't mean they should be cheap. Its all to do with making money on the car, cheaper it is to build less they have to charge for it which is criminal considering they built it mostly out of car parts and designs that already existed meaning their design expenditure was next to nothing compared to designing cars from scratch, which is usually why any product costs a lot of money. They wanted the car to beat its competitors in many areas such as the foldable roof its power for weight and size of engine, and on price so they would sell as many as possible, but i reckon it was their cheapness that killed the production of this vehicle cuz no one wanted them, its like they could have, in the design process given these cars the front bumpers from the clio rs or at very least the twingo rs which look way better but nope had to make the ugliest front end for them and its bubbly ass butt too lol i do love the back but would look so much sportier if was flat straight down from the tailgate like a ferarri or lambo gallardo dont you agree? And it took them almost ten years to release the vehicle after first concept i mean what the fuck were they doing all that time? Trying to figure out ways of losing money hahaha succeeded there, dont get me wrong lovely cars, and have huge potential for something so cheap bought mine for less than £3,000 but the designers are proper idiots! These winds are essentially just a huge mash up of all their old designs, people dont want that they want fresh hence renault dropped production after few years. People just didnt care for them, but guaranteed when im done with mine everyone will want one even the rich who can afford real supercars hahaha well everyone is different im sure some people wouldn't change it for the world. But they appear to me as not being car people at all because i like to modify everything to make it better not just cars and stuff even things like wheelchairs hahah waterbeds anything and everything that can be made better i will make better
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 16:25

Even some of the body design has been stolen fromthe renault megane haha why would they do that its the very reason the back end lets itself down at all is the way the boot lids starts to stick out and the bumper blends it in... honestly silly silly things to do, and in 2013 they realised it and closed production
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syb93Wind133 Sat 13 Apr 2019 - 9:35

@pittstop no return thoughts?
Syb93Wind133
Syb93Wind133
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by donjack Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 11:18

Hello there syb93wind133, a wee bit late but welcome to the forum!
You're now on the map too.
donjack
donjack
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next