Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Alarm help

5 posters

Go down

Alarm help Empty Alarm help

Post by Colin7834 Wed 20 Feb 2019 - 17:50

My alarm keeps going off when I get into the car or open the boot. I’ve even tried removing fuse 6 which the map shows as alarm amongst other things as a quick fix until I can get to the bottom of it but the alarm still goes off! Any ideas?

Colin7834
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Alarm help Empty Re: Alarm help

Post by Mistydogblue Wed 20 Feb 2019 - 20:21

I would suggest you check the condition of your car battery as if this is not fully charging it can cause the alarm to go off. If the alarm has a build in battery pulling the fuse could trigger the alarm. I would also check the bonnet sensor as these can be faulty if the pin does not close enough. Use something to slightly build up the thickness of the stopper. If all else fails it is relatively easy to disconnect the alarm. Pull off the panel on the boot (where the lock is) 2 screws and a few push clips and you will see the alarm. Disconnect the wiring plug.

Mistydogblue
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin7834 Wed 20 Feb 2019 - 22:48

Great. Thanks for your help

Colin7834
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Fri 23 Aug 2019 - 12:35

Mistydogblue wrote:I would suggest you check the condition of your car battery as if this is not fully charging it can cause the alarm to go off. If the alarm has a build in battery pulling the fuse could trigger the alarm. I would also check the bonnet sensor as these can be faulty if the pin does not close enough. Use something to slightly build up the thickness of the stopper. If all else fails it is relatively easy to disconnect the alarm. Pull off the panel on the boot (where the lock is) 2 screws and a few push clips and you will see the alarm. Disconnect the wiring plug.
Forum to the rescue again. Had problems with alarm overnight, went off 4 times. Then this morning it was going off every few minutes. Phoned my guy who does service on my cars he came out within 30 mins to check the battery. Yep one cell gone. I don't do many miles in Blue Boy so battery will be replaced later today or tomorrow morning. He said a good run would help but battery will eventually need replacing as it is the original one.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Fri 23 Aug 2019 - 23:59

063 battery type. Loads on eBay starting from about £34
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sat 24 Aug 2019 - 7:50

bigjase1972 wrote:063 battery type. Loads on eBay starting from about £34

Thanks
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Fri 24 Jan 2020 - 9:30

Mine has started doing something similar very intermittently, with the alarm sounding when the passenger door is opened first after unlocking...never the drivers door or boot ??...Have had the battery condition checked by my friendly garage and all appears ok. Then I remembered that the only manual door lock is on the passenger door..have applied WD40 amd silicone grease to the lock....fingers crossed.
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down