Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

New owner from West Lothian, Scotland

+2
pittstop
renton beersworth
6 posters

Go down

New owner from West Lothian, Scotland Empty New owner from West Lothian, Scotland

Post by renton beersworth Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 10:34

Great to be able to join you guys. I had been looking for a cabriolet style car for a while to use as a weekender and fun time vehicle. Looked at MGtf and Mazda MX5's but once I saw the Renault Wind my mind was made up. After a 3 month search (Theres not that many up here in Scotland) I found a lovely Blue coloured 1.2 GT Line with 26k on the clock with a decent service history. Done a deal and now its mine.  Have had the car for about 2 weeks and loving every minute. Had the top down a couple of time (plays havoc with my comb over) Smile . Weather in my area kind of cold and wet at the moment so top up most of the time right now. Having said that Winds are few and far between, I have spotted 2 in the last week, one at South Gyle Shopping centre car park in Edinburgh and another at a garage in Uphall Station just west of Edinburgh. I waited for a bit with a view to speaking to the owner / drivers but ran out of time. They were both black coloured one a 2010 model the other a 2011. So once again glad to be joining you and look forward to Wind spotting and speaking with other owners. TTFN

renton beersworth
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

New owner from West Lothian, Scotland Empty Re: New owner from West Lothian, Scotland

Post by pittstop Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 11:07

Welcome aboard.

As an ex MGTF owner; a 115 & a 160; I still reckon the MG has the edge for driveability & looks.

BUT: when it comes to golf or European touring holidays the Wind really cuts it with: loads of boot space; softer suspension for long distances; auto aircon for when it's too hot to put the roof down; etc.

It also generates lots of interest;especially in France;where we regularly get asked what this car with a Renault badge is!!!

Don't just save it for weekends mine seems to thrive on being well used.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

New owner from West Lothian, Scotland Empty Re: New owner from West Lothian, Scotland

Post by Barbs Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 17:54

Hello and welcome on board. Brilliant taste in cars... the Wind, even better taste in colour... Blue.

Will see you next summer we will be just South of you, Near the first and last pub in Scotland.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

New owner from West Lothian, Scotland Empty thanks for the welcome

Post by renton beersworth Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 20:20

To pittstop and Barbs, thanks for the welcome messages, look forward to further communications in future.

To Barbs, Its not a long drive for me to get to the borders, I have friends in Kelso so could visit 2 friends in one day, look forward to summer 2019.

renton beersworth
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 20:42

If you really want something to look forward to check out the meets thread. STRASBORG.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donjack Mon 26 Nov 2018 - 20:38

Welcome aboard Renton Beersworth, what a brilliant name by the way!!
If you let us know where abouts in West Lothian, i'll get you on the 'wind map'.
donjack
donjack
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by renton beersworth Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 19:33

Hello donjack, thanks for the welcome. I live in Newton, West Lothian. A small village about 2 miles West of South Queensferry. I was not aware you had a Wind Map, is there anywhere I can view it.

renton beersworth
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by donjack Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 5:43

good morning renton, here's the link to the map, the good news is 'your on it'  cheers

https://renaultwind.forumotion.co.uk/t126p30-where-is-your-wind
donjack
donjack
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

New owner from West Lothian, Scotland Empty map of Wind vehicle owners

Post by renton beersworth Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 16:28

OK donjack, have viewed the map, only 5 of us north of the border but, a few in the N.E. of England, maybe we can meet somewhere midway come the better weather, thank for now R.B.

renton beersworth
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by donjack Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 18:02

That sounds like a plan Renton!
donjack
donjack
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sat 1 Dec 2018 - 9:46

donjack wrote:Welcome aboard Renton Beersworth, what a brilliant name by the way!!
If you let us know where abouts in West Lothian, i'll get you on the 'wind map'.

Renton Beersworth??

Sorry this old geezer doesn't get it!!!

Please explain in words of one syllable!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by donjack Sat 1 Dec 2018 - 10:22

@pittstop This old geezer niether, just thought it is a brilliant name lol.
donjack
donjack
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Jane Sat 5 Jan 2019 - 19:59

Welcome! I have a blue 1.2 GT Line as well, I got mine in August. We also have a Trophy blue MG TF

Amanda Jane
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sat 5 Jan 2019 - 21:30

As you will see from my earlier comment I am also an ex MGTF person. 

My MGTFs were a 2004 Trophy Yellow 115 & a 2003 Trophy Blue 160.

I bought the 115 from new as my retirement present to myself & kept it for 6 yrs covering many European miles; as have all our other sports cars; including trips to Sorrento, Venice, & Rimini. 

Then a young lady ran into the back of it & although repaired it never felt right again so I traded it in for an 18 mth flirtation with a 2001 V6 3.0 Alfa Spider; very expensive to run & too powerful for it's chassis, but great fun.

Eventually high maintenance & sub 20mpg fuel bills tempted me back to MG with the 160; a great car which was almost as quick as the Alfa & much more reliable; which was also hit from the rear by another young lady!! Hope there isn't a trend here!!

At that point; 2015; I acquired the Wind which continues to meet our demands for European touring but with refinements such as: less noisy, Auto Air Con, softer suspension, etc, more suited to our advancing years!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunyip Sun 26 May 2019 - 16:47

Hi Renton - welcome to the club - beersworth about £3.50 - £4.50 in my neck of the woods tee hee Laughing
Bunyip
Bunyip
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down