Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Finally time to drive the Wind

+2
knebby
Barbs
6 posters

Go down

Finally time to drive the Wind Empty Finally time to drive the Wind

Post by Barbs Fri 17 Nov 2017 - 20:26

Had a busy few weeks that meant my fabulous Wind didn't go out. Today we went for a drive and it was like driving it for the first time. Considering he hadn't moved for a few weeks there were no issues and he drove like a dream.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Finally time to drive the Wind Empty Re: Finally time to drive the Wind

Post by knebby Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 9:09

Sounds fun!

I took red W111NNDY away for the weekend (Manchester for a Deep Purple gig), first time I’d used her for a couple of months, started first time and everything worked fine.

I always check the tyre pressures after she’s stood for a while. There’s usually one that’s lost a bit of pressure and it’s dead easy to top up using the compressor that came with the car.
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by johntymac Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 10:40

Hi, Getting a wee bit confused here..Barbs takes HIM out and Knebby takes her out. lol

johntymac
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by KatanaAl Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 11:41

I have the same issue, the front offside tyre loses a bit of pressure and the other week I rather stupidly over inflated the two front tyres, the effect was drastic, it was like driving on marbles.
By the way Knebby I'm also a Deep Purple fan, was it a tribute act ? I went to see the Australian Pink Floyd last year and they were fantastic.
KatanaAl
KatanaAl
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 18:10

johntymac wrote:Hi, Getting a wee bit confused here..Barbs takes HIM out and Knebby takes her out. lol
Mine is blue which makes him a him.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 9:49

KatanaAl wrote:I have the same issue, the front offside tyre loses a bit of pressure and the other week I rather stupidly over inflated the two front tyres, the effect was drastic, it was like driving on marbles.
By the way Knebby I'm also a Deep Purple fan, was it a tribute act ? I went to see the Australian Pink Floyd last year and they were fantastic.

Do you have 16 or 17 inch wheels?

I do find the ride hard on 17s & will be considering a move to 15 or 16 inch wheels next time I need a full set of tyres so I can get more rubber & less metal between me & our dreadful roads.

Despite that I do put the fronts up to 40 for long hot autoroute runs, their roads are so much smoother than ours, but back to 35 when I get back.

Deep Purple?
For me the greatest always was & still is: Alice Cooper. Great impact with surprisingly subtle lyrics if you take the time to listen to them. Only he could word play with "class" & "principles" in Schools Out only to follow it with the line "We can't think of a word that rhymes"!!!

What's all this about keeping cars in mothballs? The Wind; nominally my fun car; works for it's living all year round doing more miles than the Captur; nominally our sensible car.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by KatanaAl Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 11:15

Got the standard 17" wheels fitted. When I bought the car all the wheels had been badly kerbed and I have to admit it's got a hotch potch of tyres fitted. I really dislike the incredibly low profile tyres. I think I might be tempted to get some decent tyres maybe the ones fitted are ok on decent dry roads and a combination of slightly over inflated tyres and greasy road conditions was the problem.
My car will be on the road all over the winter, my two motorcycles will only make an appearance in perfect conditions, salty roads and motorbikes just doesn't work very well at all.
I'm quite partial to Alice Cooper, got a couple of his cd's in my collection.
KatanaAl
KatanaAl
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 14:26

See your point re the bikes in Winter.

My past biking experience, back in the 60s, was passing my test on a Suzuki 50 then upgrading to a 1958 Matchless G3LS which took me all over England. The only time I nearly came to grief was on a borrowed Lambretta GT200 which I tried to lean over like a bike & grounded the exhaust in mid corner!!!!!!!!!!

I've stuck to cars since.

pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunyip Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 19:45

Anyone tried 19” wheels on their Wind ?
Bunyip
Bunyip
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 21:26

KatanaAl wrote:By the way Knebby I'm also a Deep Purple fan, was it a tribute act ? I went to see the Australian Pink Floyd last year and they were fantastic.

Not a tribute act, the actual Deep Purple at the Manchester Arena. Gillan, Glover Paice, Don Airey and Steve Morse. All in their 70s or late 60s but still got it!
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by KatanaAl Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 22:45

That must have been amazing, just checked and I have 29 Deep Purple albums in my collection.
KatanaAl
KatanaAl
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 17:22

Bunyip wrote:Anyone tried 19” wheels on their Wind ?

Little enough tyre depth with 17 inch wheels.

Keeping the final drive ratio correct with 19 inch wheels might just involve replacing the tyres with rubber bands!!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down