French Air Quality Certificate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

French Air Quality Certificate

Post by pittstop on Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 12:49

The papers have recently mentioned France's introduction of an Air Quality Certificate which must be shown on all cars when currently entering three cities: Paris; Lyon, & Grenoble.

These stickers are a one off purchase & cost less than 5 Euros but failure to have this sticker on your screen; when driving in the designated areas; can result in a fine of over £100.

Being cynical I reckon that once one French (or British for that matter!) local government area starts any motorist restricting practice others will follow.

As we drive to/through France 2 or 3 times a year I decided to get a sticker.

The web site is: certificat-air.gouv.fr

They want plenty of info including Euro rating (1.2: Euro5  1.6: Euro4) plus a copy of your car's reg doc which you should have handy whilst completing the form. Also the download of your reg doc must be under 400kb & in a preferred format (jpg or png are OK). My application kept failing until I spotted the size limit on the file which necessitated a significant reduction of resolution of my scan down from the usual 300 dpi to 150 dpi.

I've applied early as there are stories of 6 week waits for delivery.

I've paid my money & I now await my sticker. Another France related item on my screen as I also have a Liberte Tag for French toll booths.
pittstop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French Air Quality Certificate

Post by Barbs on Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 20:27

Very interesting to know. I don't think I could be brave enough to drive near Paris. But I did drive to the meet in Blois  It seems like a dream but I did it.  lol!
Barbs

View user profile http://renaultw.in/d/?page_id=4981

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre on Fri 31 Mar 2017 - 21:45

Useful to know.  We're off to Belgium in August, but hopefully we won't need this then.  The breath test and the triangle and the hi-vis vests.

View user profile http://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs on Fri 31 Mar 2017 - 21:55

Watch the headlight beam things. I think, but can't be sure they have damaged my headlight lenses. Off to the garage tomorrow to find out. Will keep you informed.
Barbs

View user profile http://renaultw.in/d/?page_id=4981

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop on Sat 1 Apr 2017 - 10:36

Well: My official self adhesive sticker is in the post & they have e-mailed me an on line temporary badge to print in case there are postal delays.

Tres efficase!!!!!

PS: STICKER ARRIVED THREE DAYS LATER

Last edited by pittstop on Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 10:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra info)
pittstop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top