Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Review your car!

3 posters

Go down

Review your car! Empty Review your car!

Post by LukeC Sat 20 Feb 2016 - 16:35

Hi all;

Just seen there are only 2 reviews for the wind on autotrader!

Anyone with an account should get on there and review their car! Be sure to mention the owners forum though.

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Review your car! Empty Re: Review your car!

Post by colin565 Sat 20 Feb 2016 - 23:15

Don't want to give a review to be honest, as the front suspension of the Wind is anything but robust. if it was, then it would be a 100% excellent car.

Unfortunately, most of us have had one or more of the following replaced, (even if the car is new-ish and low mileage)....

CV joints.
CV joint covers.
CV cover clips.
Shock absorbers.
Suspension wishbones.
Suspension coils.

Its a pity really, as individually we will all get at least one of the above failures happening at MOT's, as it should have been built better. It is always at the back of my mind since my CV joint covers had to be replaced.

Other than that it is a great car to drive, very DRY in cabin and boot, which is very good for a convertible.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeC Sat 20 Feb 2016 - 23:24

I think the covers were a bad batch all mine were replaced on the first MOT I did put that in my review.

It's passed the last two with no advisories but only covered 34K would like to see what the fella who's covered 140k or so has to say.

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Sun 21 Feb 2016 - 19:53

Yes, I think they were a bad batch back in 2010/2011, mine had new bearings somewhere at the front and new cv covers all before 20,000 miles and its now on 147,000 with no further problems. The 1.6 ive just got is now up to 19,000 and has had a new suspension arm put on by the dealer (mot failure) and i can hear the grinding of bearings going at at least one wheel.

interestingly both cars also have an intermittently faulty petrol gauge, something ive posted about before but no -one else has mentioned.
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Mon 22 Feb 2016 - 0:01

Had no problems with electrics on petrol gauge, that's new info to me.

But did have to get a completely new alarm control box in the boot after two years from new, (under warranty at the time), due to spurious random alarm activation.

The guy said the alarm control box went bananas, and needed replaced.
 (yeh, a real technical answer  Very Happy)
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Mon 22 Feb 2016 - 21:38

I wonder if 'went bananas' is a translation from French....
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Tue 23 Feb 2016 - 0:27

knebby wrote:I wonder if 'went bananas' is a translation from  French....

Funny thing is that the alarm boxes were fitted to the Winds once they arrived on UK soil, so we can blame our own workers for shoddy workmanship, he he Very Happy  

THE LED MODIFICATION....
Also, and not a lot of people know this, is that the LED light that flashes telling you that the 'alarm is activated', is located loose on dangling wires, ties up alongside the alarm box in the boot behind the trim.

A lot of good it does there  lol!

Some owners recalling the original Wind website have modified this, by adding a length of cable (2 wires) from the existing location through the boot and up to the back window ledge, so the LED can be seen flashing, like it should have been in the first place. (UK workers were to lazy to add longer wiring and put it in a visual position).
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down