Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Vauxhall Zafire on fire

4 posters

Go down

Vauxhall Zafire on fire Empty Vauxhall Zafire on fire

Post by colin565 Sat 24 Oct 2015 - 17:06

Yes, its the Vauxhall Zafira.....Funny how cars with fire sounding names catch fire. 

I once owned a Renault Fuego years ago (Fuego is Spanish for fire) and the rear screen heater switch on the dash caught fire, causing acrid smoke, and luckly as I always carried a screwdriver managed to prise it out of the dash and throw it out the window before the car went up in flames. The Fuego notoriously had plugs and sockets that did not lock, so created a lot of electrical faults and failures, when they came loose with road vibration.

Getting on to modern times, and the Vauxhall Zafira has had over 100 cars overheating and at least 20 cars catching fire behind the glove compartment.

Vauxhall are looking into the problem, and think the culprit is the manual air con system. 

You would think by now car manufacturers would know how to build a car that's safe.

Anyway Vauxhall say that they are investigating this dangerous problem, and may have to do a recall solution to thousands of Zafira's. Lets hope they get the answer soon before someone is burned up with this fault.

INFO....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34603927
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Vauxhall Zafire on fire Empty Re: Vauxhall Zafire on fire

Post by Barbs Sat 24 Oct 2015 - 21:11

They seem too calm to me. Only found out via Social media should there of just been a massive recall.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Sun 25 Oct 2015 - 0:11

Well I for one was panic-ing like mad as I threw a roasting hot and smoldering switch out the Fuego window.

There is nothing like a near car fire to awaken the senses  Shocked

When I went to buy a new switch in the Renault dealer, the parts guy just said, Fuegos have duff electrics  Razz

Makes you wonder what your buying!
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeC Mon 26 Oct 2015 - 10:55

If you buy a zafira or a Vauxhall for that matter ; you should be set on fire without prejudice

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Mon 26 Oct 2015 - 12:55

LukeC wrote:If you buy a zafira or a Vauxhall for that matter ; you should be set on fire without prejudice

He he, if you read about Onstar being introduced to the 2015 range of Vauxhall cars, you would never buy them, as its big brother watching you.

It can communicate to a satallite and not only can the police be informed of your cars GPS co-ordinates, but they can also REMOTELY shut the car engine down. Supposed to be if the car is stolen, but the engine can still be shutdown remotely, whenever.

To me, anything that can control your car remotely by anybody else but the owner, should be deemed illegal. but they seem to be getting away with it.

Hence, I am not ever buying a new Vauxhall with this high tech nonsense.

Its a can of worms in the USA where it has been in use for a few years....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3180567/GM-owners-advised-stop-using-OnStar-app-hackers-use-remotely-unlock-cars-start-engines.html
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Mon 26 Oct 2015 - 22:08

LukeC wrote:If you buy a zafira or a Vauxhall for that matter ; you should be set on fire without prejudice

We had a VXR8 for 4 years.  Does that count? scratch

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeC Mon 26 Oct 2015 - 22:23

I guess exceptions can be made!

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content