Relocating your 'Alarm on' light

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Relocating your 'Alarm on' light

Post by colin565 on Fri 14 Aug 2015 - 11:06

For those with the Alarm system in the car, did you know that there is a hidden 'Alarm on' light?

It is lit but hidden inside the boot  rabbit

It is located hidden behind the trim in the boot alongside the alarm box. the light is all coiled up, but useless where it is. 

This oversight I assume was due to the lazyness of the UK alarm fitters, as it was fitted here in the UK, when the cars arrived here from abroad.

Some owners have added additional cable to the light and ran the cabling inside the boot to the back of the cabin. Located in the back window trim. 

The 'Alarm on' light can therefore be seen, as it should be, acting as a theft deterrent. 

There used to be pictures of this easy mod on the old forum.
colin565

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Relocating your 'Alarm on' light

Post by pittstop on Sun 27 Mar 2016 - 10:42

Thought I'd take a look at this so peeled back some of my boot trim breaking some of the trim retainers in the process. Is the alarm box the thing that looks like a plastic coffin between the boot & the passenger compartment? Couldn't find the light so am I looking in the wrong place. Perhaps I haven't got an alarm!
Anyone got one of the pictures from the old forum?

Off to Halfords to but some trim retainers. I need two but I bet I have to buy a dozen.
pittstop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 on Mon 11 Apr 2016 - 0:37

This is going back two years, so memory is vague on this, but yes it is a black box and it had an old fashioned looking bezel lamp just tied on, connected by two wires, inside the trim in the boot. Cannot remember where though. Maybe someone else will remember.

Might be that on some cars the lamp was not connected up to contacts in the box, but in the car on the photo the 'alarm on indication' lamp was just coiled up behind trim, but not long enough to go anywhere. 

Here is a highly technical diagram of how I remember the photo looked  lol!

colin565

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top