Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Potential issue?

3 posters

Go down

Potential issue? Empty Potential issue?

Post by Renkev Thu 6 Feb 2020 - 12:58

My wind is a 60 plate covering 54000 miles and is just over it's service interval but due to go in shortly.

I drive car over 100 miles a day Monday to Friday and occasionally at the weekend and have noticed this colour in the oil.

The car does not overheat per temp gauge and the coolant isn't visibly leaking and indeed hasn't changed colour. Engine isn't noisy or tappety either at idle.

It is a little noisy out on the road at higher speeds but I just have had tyres put on the front

I do get some white vapour first thing in morning when it's cold.

Any ideas?

I have added some pics.

Renkev
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Potential issue? Empty Re: Potential issue?

Post by pittstop Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 9:05

Modern oils are virtually invisible on the dipstick when oil & filter have just been changed but between services will develop a brown tint due to a small amount of carbon deposits from combustion getting past the pistons. 

With longer service intervals this can become more noticeable as one nears the next service.

In the event of an excessively long interval between services combined with much town driving it can become almost black.

Unfortunately can see no pictures on this post. What colour is the discolouration?

Any change in water level?

How often have you had to top up oil between services?

Some white vapour from exhaust; especially in cold weather; is quite normal.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Renkev Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 9:20

Water level I assume u mean coolant is fine.

I haven't topped up any oil since last service other than say 250 mls the other day of 5w30.

Inside it is a mix of black and a yellow.

Renkev
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydogblue Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 16:50

hi, if you are seeing the milky discolouration under the yellow oil filler cap then this can simply be caused by condensation/moisture at this time of year and is not unusual in Renaults. The filler cap and housing can be removed and cleaned. However if you are seeking the milky colour in the dipstick then that could point to something more serious.

Mistydogblue
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down