Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

New battery

3 posters

Go down

New battery Empty New battery

Post by Timtnx Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 10:48

Hi everyone, I put this on Facebook at the weekend but thought I'd put it on here for you all too......Well I've been expecting it for a little while as starting has been sluggish..... But never missed and let me down. BUT this morning the battery died spectacularly, on checking a cell was clearly dead as only 10v on the terminal without anything switched on. I chose to go with a Yuasa 5000 series so more expensive than it could have been but that's my choice. So now to the interesting bit.... Reconnected everything (left battery off for an hour to make sure there was no little bits of charge anywhere keeping bad information) and started up..... Ran rough but after a few minutes the ecu settled things down and idled perfectly. However.... The dreaded window issue manifested!! I tried multiple times with the up/down hold the buttons instructions but still no joy with any form of reset. I then thought that maybe it was because the roof hadn't moved since reconnection. So closed the windows unlocked the roof and prayed!! All went as normal with roof operation and windows dropped as they should. Closed the roof and did the up /down hold buttons trick and all is good again...... So if you do have a dead battery remember to operate the roof if the windows won't reset.
Timtnx
Timtnx
Put the sunglasses on

Huw (Barry The Renault) and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

New battery Empty Re: New battery

Post by Barbs Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 19:22

if you are operating the windows bear in mind the door needs to be closed after a battery change otherwise the car can't determine how far it needs to go up.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Huw (Barry The Renault) Sun 12 Jul 2020 - 22:02

Just had my battery replaced. It stood too long during lock-down. So while I bump started it a few times and drove it, the next morning it always failed to start. 

Couldn't be bothered to leave the Wind with a garage all bloomin day, so made the decision to go for 'Halfords HCB063 Calcium 12V Car Battery 4 Year Guarantee' - £85 including fitting.

The Wind was registered Nov 2011 so I figured a replacement was prob due anyway.

Huw (Barry The Renault)
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 13 Jul 2020 - 8:58

Yep the cars if they haven't had a new battery fitted will no doubt be needing one now. Had to change mine. The alarm kept going off which was a sign it was starting to fail.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down